Respecting your privacy
Collecting your personal information
We may collect and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing you with products or services
- assessing an application for a credit facility and managing and administering a credit facility
- protecting against fraud.
The information collected may include your name, postal and/or email address, telephone and fax numbers, date of birth, personal and business financial details.
We will normally collect your personal information from you (eg from the Application for Credit Facility form)
We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, our cookie information and the page(s) you requested.
We may collect your personal information from third parties. For example, we may need to collect personal information from a credit reporting agency, your representative (such as a legal adviser), your financial adviser, your employer or publicly available sources of information.
Using and disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to the organisations described below. Where your personal information is disclosed we will seek to ensure that the information is held, used or disclosed consistently with the National Privacy Principles.
The relevant organisations are those
- involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including testing or upgrading our computer systems
- involved in a corporate re-organisation
- involved in a transfer of all or part of the assets or business of Pool Controls
- involved in the payments system including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations
- which are your representatives including your legal advisers
- as required or authorised by law, for example, to government or regulatory bodies for purposes related to public health or safety, the prevention or detection of unlawful activities or to protect public revenue
- where you have given your consent.
Marketing our products and services
We may use or disclose your personal information to let you know about, and develop, products and services.
Keeping your personal information accurate and up-to-date
We aim to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe your personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date, please contact us.
Protecting your personal information
We store information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we do this are with confidentiality requirements for our employees, secure document storage and security measures for systems access.
Gaining access to your personal information
You can gain access to your personal information. This is subject to some exceptions allowed by law.
We will give you reasons if we deny access.
Using Government Identifiers
Although in certain circumstances we are required to collect government identifiers (such as your tax file number), we do not use or disclose this information other than when required or authorised by law or unless you have voluntarily consented to disclose this information to any third party.
Your sensitive information
Unless required by law, we will not collect information about you without your consent that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, details of health, disability, sexual orientation, or criminal record.