3 Year warranty on new domestic installations
Pool Controls warrants its products used in new domestic installations to be free from defects in material and/or workmanship for a period of 3 years from the original date of purchase or installation.
2 Year warranty on replacement parts
Pool Controls warrants its replacement parts used in domestic installations, including multi-electrodes (probes), solenoid valves and electrolytic cells (but excluding wearing parts such as tubing and squeeze tubing) to be free from defects in material and/or workmanship for a period of 2 years following purchase.
Exclusion for wearing parts
This warranty does not extend to wearing parts, in particular the squeeze tubes fitted in peristaltic dosing pumps. Squeeze tubes should be replaced every six months by a suitably qualified technician. Pool Controls is not liable for any failure of its products or other damage caused by failure of a squeeze tube that has been used for more than six months.
Warranty obligations of Pool Controls
If a defect in workmanship or materials in any Pool Controls product covered by this warranty is discovered during the term of the warranty, and provided the warranty holder follows the procedure set out below, Pool Controls will repair or replace that item at the option of the warranty holder.
Procedure for claiming under this warranty
In order to claim under this warranty, the warranty holder must:
- Contact Pool Controls Service as soon as possible after the discovery of the defect and in any event, within the relevant warranty period;
- Confirm date of installation;
- Confirm that the installation was completed by a suitably qualified technician, as set out in the installation manual; and
- If required, arrange for the relevant Pool Controls’ product to be returned to Pool Controls for repair, and the warranty holder is responsible for the cost and risk of any freight or transportation to and from Pool Controls.
Call out fees
- This is a “Back to Base” Warranty, which means that if the Pool Controls product needs to be serviced, replaced or repaired at a place other than Pool Controls’ premises, a call out fee will be charged to cover the cost of travel by an authorised Pool Controls technician. Please note that this call out fee will NOT be charged when the relevant Pool Controls product is returned to Pool Controls for repair.
- If an authorised Pool Controls technician repairs or replaces a Pool Controls Product and this warranty does NOT apply, a fee for labour and parts supplied will be charged in addition to the call out fee.
- If the Pool Controls product needs to be returned for repairs under this warranty, the warranty holder is responsible for the cost and risk of any freight or transportation to and from Pool Controls.
- This warranty is for domestic installations only. Where Pool Controls products are installed for a commercial application this warranty does not apply.
- This warranty extends to the original owner only, beginning on the date of installation and is not enforceable by any other party without the prior written consent of Pool Controls.
- Pool Controls is not responsible for any cost of freight or transportation to or from its Service Department.
- Pool Controls is not liable under this warranty if the installation of the Pool Controls product was not carried out by a suitably qualified technician.
- To the extent permitted by law, Pool Controls is not liable for:
- any incidental or consequential loss incurred in connection with the removal or replacement of the Pool Controls product under this warranty; or
- product failure resulting from misuse, freezing, accident, negligence, improper installation or inadequate maintenance.
- To the extent permitted by law, Pool Controls disclaims all other warranties, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose with regard to Pool Controls products, parts and/or any accompanying written materials.